Monday, May 16, 2011

Ido visits NYC and Atlanta

Driving around NY in a cab on the way to dinner I saw this out the window. I like that someone else appreciates our gang sign.





Today I'm in Atlanta. I had heard of this place called Flip Burger, and was eager to head over (voted one of the top 10 burger spots in the country by several accounts) for a nibble. It was such a tease because I arrived just in time to sit in my car and take a conference call...waiting to go inside and starving because it was already 5pm and I hadn't had lunch. When I finally sat at the chef's bar I realized I didn't have much time before needing to meet a friend for dinner somewhere else they made reservations. It would have been wrong to order a burger. That said, I did order a couple of small sides: a) sweetbreads with foamed blue cheese (they put it in a carbonator and squirt it out fantastically); b) warm brussel sprout salad with bacon vinaigrette. Everything was delicious (though the brussel sprouts didn't compare to my favorites). I promised myself and the waitress I'd be back there this week, at least once. Check out pics of the menu attached. There's one entire side dedicated to grass-fed beef burgers. The second side are non-beef burgers (chorizo, blackened shrimp, tuna tartar, lamb, etc.). Everything looked very good. They have some unique things here. Nice touches like Coca-Cola Ketchup (since coke has a big presence in Atlanta). It was a nice pairing with the coke flavor clearly coming through the ketcup, but in a balanced way. Not lame. They even do a variety of Liququid Nitrogen milk-shakes!! Anyhow, my food was great and I am definitely going back to report later. More to come!

No comments:

Post a Comment